We provide growth capital to primarily rural businesses that are positioned to grow revenue by a factor of 2 or more. We create deals around exceptional management, niche markets, and sub-optimized assets.
Fueling Rural Growth®
Blue Highway Capital was founded with a mission to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for our Fund investors while having a positive impact on rural areas.
We partner with management teams looking for strategic, impact-focused growth capital that helps create positive change for their companies, their employees and their communities.
Our goal is to work with company leadership to develop a plan for long-term, sustainable improvements in the areas of financial results and shared prosperity.
Targeted Industry Sectors
Use of Proceeds
- Support a well-defined growth plan
- Provide funding to support an acquisition
- Recapitalize a business and provide partial liquidity
Ideal Company Characteristics
- Headquarters or operations in a U.S. rural area
- Annual revenue run rate of approximately $5 million
- Positive EBITDA or approaching cash flow break-even
- Organic revenue growth with recurring revenue base
- Proven business model (established product/technology
& reliable customer base)
- Attractive gross margins and low capital expenditures
- Quality jobs and shared prosperity
- Growth equity, expansion financings and recapitalizations
- $2 to $5 million from Blue Highway Capital
- Investments structured as preferred equity
or subordinated debt
- Meaningful ownership stake (minority or majority)